Plan your field trip to the IMAG History & Science Center
Choose the IMAG for that special field trip sure to inspire creativity and wonder as your young visitors experience hands-on fun and innovative activities!
Field Trips are 2 hours long and can be extended up to 4 hours with add-ons. Field trips include an Animal Encounter, On-Your-Own Discovery in the Hands-On Museum Hall, Self-Guided Tour of Outdoor Exhibits, Use of the FPL Solar Pavilion should you include lunch time, and time in the Museum Store (only 8 students allowed in at a time and must be accompanied by a chaperone.) Field Trips can start as early as 10am.
$5 admission per student and chaperone
$1 off for Lee County students
Each add-on adds 30 minutes to their standard 2 hours field trip.
$2 add-on for 3D movie. You can find a current list of movies HERE.
$3-$6 add-on for workshop (workshops require a minimum of 15 students). Workshops listed below.
*Workshops are not available June-August.
$200-$350 add-on for 1 or more science assemblies. Science assemblies listed below.
FREE add-on a lunch time into your schedule
- Must ALL arrive at the same time
- Must ALL leave at the same time
- Needs to follow a schedule
- Must be paid in one transaction, – all chaperons included
- Will need to provide a FEIN # to show they are a registered school, or child care provider.
- Membership admission DOES NOT APPLY
In addition to exploring the museum’s exciting exhibits, IMAG also offers an assortment of educational workshops based on the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards to enhance the exhibit experience or complement your classroom curriculum. All workshops feature a live demonstration or hands-on activities and include a complete curriculum guide listing the standards addressed, vocabulary terms, recommended resources, as well as pre-visit and post-visit activities.
Note: Must reserve 3 hours for your field trip if you choose to add a workshop and there is 15-student minimum.
- Dinosaur Discovery! – Discover the science of paleontology as you examine fossil finds to unearth secrets of the past and create your own fossil! Recommended for Grades 1-3. Price: $3.00 per student.
- Engineering Adventures! – Experiment with simple machines, including levers and pulleys. Learn about the engineering design process before trying your hand at designing and engineering your own creations! Recommended for Grades 4-8. Price: $3.00 per student.
- Exciting Electrons! – Explore atomic structure, magnetism, and electricity and even build a real, working electromagnet. Recommended for Grades 3-6. Price: $3.00 per student.
- Magical Matter! – Learn about the different states of matter and create your own crazy colloid to take home. Recommended for Grades K-5. Price: $3.00 per student.
- Wild Weather! – Learn the science behind our wild, wacky, weather & create weather measurement tools. Recommended for Grades 1-4. Price: $3.00 per student.
- Something’s Fishy! – Create fish prints in the Japanese art of “Gyotaku” while learning basic fish anatomy. You can upgrade to T-shirts for an additional $3 per student! Recommended for Grades 1-4. Price: $6.00 per student.
Science Assemblies themes rotate throughout the year. See descriptions below.
- The Wright Stuff (January – March 2019): Take flight with us as we explore the forces of motion, principles of flight, and history of flight! We will slingshot gliders and make them float in mid-air. We’ll use leaf blowers to make beach balls hover over our heads and giant vortex cannons to shoot massive smoke rings! Be sure to duck as rockets zip towards the ceiling, drones swoop over your heads, and rolls of toilet paper are unraveled and launched into the audience! Recommended for grades K-6.
- Mad Science Lab (January – March 2019): Step into our lab and meet our resident mad scientists! Watch as they make crazy chemical concoctions that fizz, bubble, change color and even erupt! Recommended for grades K-6.
- The Glow Show (April 2019 – June 2019): We’re turning out the lights and turning up the glow! Learn about bioluminescence, fluorescence, phosphorescence, and chemiluminescence through glow in the dark experiments and demonstrations! Discover what makes glow sticks light up! Watch glowing Mentos fountains erupt! Recommended for grades 2-6.
- Blockbuster Science (April 2019 – June 2019): Discover the science behind some of Hollywood’s special effects, explosions, and magical moments and be amazed by science demonstrations inspired by some of your favorite films! From making fireballs to shattering props with liquid nitrogen to creating creepy fog with dry ice, learn some of Hollywood’s movie tips and tricks in this fun show! Recommended for grades 3-6.
- Wheel of STEAM (July 2019 – September 2019): Spin the Wheel of STEAM to determine what we do! The Wheel will be filled with all kinds of big, fun science, technology, engineering, art and math experiments and demonstrations! This is an interactive show that focuses on the importance of STEAM! Recommended for grades K-6.
- Don’t Try This at Home (July 2019 – September 2019): Get ready for a messy, hair-raising, explosive, freezing and dangerous show! Watch us create colorful fireballs, ignite giant Whoosh Tubes, light bubbles on fire in our hands, erupt a giant bubbling Nitrogen cloud, make paint cans explode, create arcs of lightning with our Tesla Coil and more! Each show will be a unique mix of some of our craziest demonstrations! Just remember: Don’t try this at home! Try it with us at the IMAG instead! Recommended for grades 3-6.
- Red, White and Boom! (July 2019): Celebrate the 4th of July all month long! Learn about the chemistry behind fireworks, launch different types of rockets, erupt red, white and blue elephant toothpaste, and more! Recommended for grades K-6.
To request your field trip, please fill out the form below!
For additional field trip questions, please email email@example.com.