Plan your field trip to the IMAG History & Science Center
Choose the IMAG for that special field trip sure to inspire creativity and wonder as your young visitors experience hands-on fun and innovative activities!
Field Trips are 2 hours long and can be extended up to 4 hours with add-ons. Field trips include an Animal Encounter, On-Your-Own Discovery in the Hands-On Museum Hall, Self-Guided Tour of Outdoor Exhibits, Use of the FPL Solar Pavilion should you include lunch time, and time in the Museum Store (only 8 students allowed in at a time and must be accompanied by a chaperone.) Field Trips can start as early as 10am.
$5 admission per student and chaperone
Each add-on adds 30 minutes to their standard 2 hours field trip.
$2 add-on for 3D movie. You can find a current list of movies HERE.
$4-$6 add-on for workshop (workshops require a minimum of 15 students). Workshops listed below.
$2 Hurricane Simulator.
*Workshops are not available June-August.
$200-$350 add-on for 1 or more science assemblies. Science assemblies listed below.
FREE add-on a lunch time into your schedule
- Must ALL arrive at the same time
- Must ALL leave at the same time
- Needs to follow a schedule
- Must be paid in one transaction, – all chaperons included
- Will need to provide a FEIN # to show they are a registered school, or child care provider.
- Membership admission DOES NOT APPLY
In addition to exploring the museum’s exciting exhibits, IMAG also offers an assortment of educational workshops based on the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards to enhance the exhibit experience or complement your classroom curriculum.
Note: Must reserve 3 hours for your field trip if you choose to add a workshop and there is 15-student minimum.
Click on the links below to view each workshop
- Preschool/Pre-Kindergarten Workshops click here.
- Kindergarten and 1st grade Workshops click here.
- 2nd and 3rd grade Workshops click here.
- 4th and 5th grade Workshops click here.
- 6th and 8th grade Workshops click here.
Science Assemblies themes rotate throughout the year. See descriptions below.
- Fire and Ice: Chill out with cool dry ice and liquid nitrogen demonstrations and then heat things up with fire tornadoes, Whoosh tubes, and a rainbow assortment of fireballs as you learn about the chemistry behind some of our most chilling and fiery demonstrations! (recommended for grades 3-6)
- High Voltage: Experience the electrifying side of science! Have a hair-raising encounter with our Van de Graaf Machine! Become part of a human circuit with our Sci Tubes! Use static electricity to make objects levitate or race across a table! Dance on a yoga mat piano with Makey Makey! (recommended for grades 3-6)
- Holiday Lights, Flights and Explosions! (December 2019): This special holiday themed chemistry and physics show will feature red and green exploding elephant toothpaste, a pile of snow that seems like it will never stop growing, swirling red and green fire tornadoes, flying reindeer launched with our giant slingshots and catapults, and hot chocolate made Florida style- frozen using liquid nitrogen!!! (recommended for grades K-6)
- The Wright Stuff: Take flight with us as we explore the forces of motion, principles of flight, and history of flight! We will slingshot gliders and make them float in mid-air. We’ll use leaf blowers to make beach balls hover over our heads and giant vortex cannons to shoot massive smoke rings! Be sure to duck as rockets zip towards the ceiling, drones swoop over your heads, and rolls of toilet paper are unraveled and launched into the audience! (recommended for grades K-6)
- Mad Science Lab: Step into our lab and meet our resident mad scientists! Watch as they make crazy chemical concoctions that fizz, bubble, change color and even erupt! (recommended for grades K-6)
- The Glow Show: We’re turning out the lights and turning up the glow! Learn about bioluminescence, fluorescence, phosphorescence, and chemiluminescence through glow in the dark experiments and demonstrations! Discover what makes glow sticks light up! Watch glowing Mentos fountains erupt! (recommended for grades 2-6)
- Blockbuster Science: Discover the science behind some of Hollywood’s special effects, explosions, and magical moments and be amazed by science demonstrations inspired by some of your favorite films! From making fireballs to shattering props with liquid nitrogen to creating creepy fog with dry ice, learn some of Hollywood’s movie tips and tricks in this fun show! (recommended for grades 3-6)
- Wheel of STEAM: Spin the Wheel of STEAM to determine what we do! The Wheel will be filled with all kinds of big, fun science, technology, engineering, art and math experiments and demonstrations! This is an interactive show that focuses on the importance of STEAM! (recommended for grades K-6)
- Don’t Try This At Home: Get ready for a messy, hair-raising, explosive, freezing and dangerous show! Watch us create colorful fireballs, ignite giant Whoosh Tubes, light bubbles on fire in our hands, erupt a giant bubbling Nitrogen cloud, make paint cans explode, create arcs of lightning with our Van de Graff Machine and more! Each show will be a unique mix of some of our craziest demonstrations! Just remember: Don’t try this at home! Try it with us at The IMAG instead! (recommended for grades 3-6)
- Red, White and Boom! (July 2020): Celebrate the 4th of July all month long! Learn about the chemistry behind fireworks, launch different types of rockets, erupt red, white and blue elephant toothpaste, and more! (recommended for grades K-6)
To request your field trip, please fill out the form below!
For additional field trip questions, please email email@example.com.