History Outreaches are now available! A history outreach is a fun learning experience, highlighting rich local and regional history and the science that made this area flourish. These are great for groups, clubs, and office lunch & learns!
The appointments are flexible, request yours today!
- 45 min to 1hr presentation with a 15 min Q&A – $150
- $2 per mile expense added for travel.
- History Presentation options are included in the list below. Special requests will be considered.
- Photographic Tour of Ft. Myers (1hour): A tour of downtown Ft. Myers concentrating on the buildings and areas. A brief histories of the buildings, the individuals involved in there construction and changes over time.
- History of cattle in SW Florida (1hour): Brief history of the “scrub” cow; its origins, adaptations to Florida climate. Specifically discussing the role SW Florida played in developing cattle business.
- Establishment and the Early Settlers of Ft. Myers (45+ minutes each):
- Part 1: Brief History of the Fort from the establishment of the Fort to civilian settlement. Histories, reported incidents and folklore of the lives of Manuel and Evalina Gonzalez, Joseph Vivas, John Powell, William Clay and nNelson Tillis.
- Part 2: Histories, reported incidents and folklore of the Hendrys and their families and James Evans and their involvement in the civic, social and political development of Ft. Myers.
- Influential Individuals (45+ minutes each)
- Part 1: History and the significance of their involvement in the development and improvement of Ft. Myers. George Shultz and Walt MacDougald.
- Part 2: Ambrose and “Tootie” McGregor and Dr. M.O. Terry.
- Part 3: Hugh O’Neill, Alberts A. Gardner, John Murphy and D.A.G Flowerree
To request your history outreach, please fill out the form below!
For additional history outreach questions, please email email@example.com.