History Outreaches are now available with our resident historian, Jim Powers! A history outreach is a fun learning experience, highlighting rich local and regional history and the science that made this area flourish. These are great for groups, clubs, and office lunch & learns!
The appointments are flexible, request yours today!
- 30 to 45 min presentation with a 15 min Q&A – $150
- $2 per mile expense added for travel.
- History Presentation options are included in the list below. Special requests will be considered.
- General History of SWFL Early Inhabitants to Mid-20th Century (Emphasis on Fort Myers and Lee County)
- History of SWFL Early Inhabitants to 1866
- History of SWFL 1866 to Mid-20th Century
- General History of Wars of SWFL (Tribal, Indian, Civil, WWI, WWII, Cuban Invasion)
- The Fort (History of the actual military structures of Fort Myers)
- History of SWFL Transportation (Paths, trails, waterways, roads, highways via foot, vehicle, railroad, boat and aircraft)
- History of SWFL’s Three C’s – Cattle, Citrus, Cane
- The Feather War(s) – Avian poaching
- History of the Three Seminole Wars
- Fort Myers and the American Civil War
- Notable Historical Characters and Prominent Figures of SWFL
- General History of the Politics of SWFL (Governments, significant events, squabbles and virtual warfare)
To request your history outreach, please fill out the form below!
For additional history outreach questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.