IMAG Field Trips
Choose the IMAG for that special field trip sure to inspire creativity and wonder as your young visitors experience hands-on fun and innovative activities!
Science – Explore our various science exhibits!
History – Discover the rich history of Southwest Florida!
Live Animals – Learn about our animal residents!
Aquariums – Experience the wonders of aquatic life!
Field Trips are 2 hours long and can be extended up to 4 hours with add-ons. Field trips include an Animal Encounter, On-Your-Own Discovery in the Hands-On Museum Hall, Self-Guided Tour of Outdoor Exhibits, Use of the FPL Solar Pavilion should you include lunch time, and time in the Museum Store (only 8 students allowed in at a time and must be accompanied by a chaperone.) Field Trips can start as early as 10am.
Admission and Add-ons
$8 admission per student and chaperone.*
*Lee, Collier, Charlotte and Henry County Public Schools received $2 off student admission.
3D Movie – ($2 per student and chaperone) You have a choice of three 3D movies to pick from. The list of movies are below.
Workshops – ($4-6 per student) pick from our various options of STEAM related workshops. List of Workshops are below.
Hurricane Simulator – ($2 per student and chaperone) Have a chance to enter our hurricane simulator.
Science Assembly – ($200-$350) Engage in our large scale science shows. The List of Science Assemblies listed below.
Fossil Hunt Experience – (starting at $5 per student) Sift through your very own fossil or beach bag and uncover the hidden treasures in our “Caloosahatchee Fossil Hunt” experience.
Each add-on will require and extra 30 minutes added on to your trip.
Must ALL arrive at the same time
- Must ALL leave at the same time
- Needs to follow a schedule
- Must be paid in one transaction, – all chaperons included
- Will need to provide a FEIN # to show they are a registered school, or child care provider.
- Membership admission DOES NOT APPLY
Pick from our exciting selections of 3D movies to enhance your Field Trip!
Kindergarten and 1st Grade Workshops
2nd and 3rd Grade Workshops
4th and 5th Grade Workshops
6th and 8th Grade Workshops
Science Assemblies themes rotate throughout the year. See descriptions below.
- Fire and Ice: Chill out with cool dry ice and liquid nitrogen demonstrations and then heat things up with fire tornadoes, Whoosh tubes, and a rainbow assortment of fireballs as you learn about the chemistry behind some of our most chilling and fiery demonstrations! (recommended for grades 3-6)
- High Voltage: Experience the electrifying side of science! Have a hair-raising encounter with our Van de Graaf Machine! Become part of a human circuit with our Sci Tubes! Use static electricity to make objects levitate or race across a table! Dance on a yoga mat piano with Makey Makey! (recommended for grades 3-6)
- Holiday Lights, Flights and Explosions! (December 2019): This special holiday themed chemistry and physics show will feature red and green exploding elephant toothpaste, a pile of snow that seems like it will never stop growing, swirling red and green fire tornadoes, flying reindeer launched with our giant slingshots and catapults, and hot chocolate made Florida style- frozen using liquid nitrogen!!! (recommended for grades K-6)
- The Wright Stuff: Take flight with us as we explore the forces of motion, principles of flight, and history of flight! We will slingshot gliders and make them float in mid-air. We’ll use leaf blowers to make beach balls hover over our heads and giant vortex cannons to shoot massive smoke rings! Be sure to duck as rockets zip towards the ceiling, drones swoop over your heads, and rolls of toilet paper are unraveled and launched into the audience! (recommended for grades K-6)
- Mad Science Lab: Step into our lab and meet our resident mad scientists! Watch as they make crazy chemical concoctions that fizz, bubble, change color and even erupt! (recommended for grades K-6)
- The Glow Show: We’re turning out the lights and turning up the glow! Learn about bioluminescence, fluorescence, phosphorescence, and chemiluminescence through glow in the dark experiments and demonstrations! Discover what makes glow sticks light up! Watch glowing Mentos fountains erupt! (recommended for grades 2-6)
- Blockbuster Science: Discover the science behind some of Hollywood’s special effects, explosions, and magical moments and be amazed by science demonstrations inspired by some of your favorite films! From making fireballs to shattering props with liquid nitrogen to creating creepy fog with dry ice, learn some of Hollywood’s movie tips and tricks in this fun show! (recommended for grades 3-6)
- Wheel of STEAM: Spin the Wheel of STEAM to determine what we do! The Wheel will be filled with all kinds of big, fun science, technology, engineering, art and math experiments and demonstrations! This is an interactive show that focuses on the importance of STEAM! (recommended for grades K-6)
- Don’t Try This At Home: Get ready for a messy, hair-raising, explosive, freezing and dangerous show! Watch us create colorful fireballs, ignite giant Whoosh Tubes, light bubbles on fire in our hands, erupt a giant bubbling Nitrogen cloud, make paint cans explode, create arcs of lightning with our Van de Graff Machine and more! Each show will be a unique mix of some of our craziest demonstrations! Just remember: Don’t try this at home! Try it with us at The IMAG instead! (recommended for grades 3-6)
- Red, White and Boom! (July 2020): Celebrate the 4th of July all month long! Learn about the chemistry behind fireworks, launch different types of rockets, erupt red, white and blue elephant toothpaste, and more! (recommended for grades K-6)