Hands-On internship opportunities!
The IMAG History & Science Center offers many exciting Hands-On internship opportunities! Imaginarium interns are unpaid, however all interns gain valuable experience in their chosen field, enjoy a flexible, part-time schedule of only 10-15 hours per week, and have plenty of hands-on fun!
The internship program is open to college students or recent graduates from all majors looking to gain experience in the areas below.
For those students seeking academic credit, the IMAG works closely with many of the local Colleges and Universities and will assist the interns on the appropriate contact for their institution in order to receive the credit they seek. Feel free to contact your academic advisor or department chair to inquire about your school’s policy.
Social Media Content Coordinator
The IMAG History & Science Center team is seeking a Social Media Content Coordinator. This person will support our social media management company with various tasks such as the development, curation, and execution of unique social media content. This position also requires assisting in other marketing and sales activities as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience creating organic posts for Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms.
- Assist with creation, writing, and maintenance of communications such as social media, email templates, and other company related marketing materials.
- Understanding of current social media trends, the platforms, and dashboards.
- Send a weekly summary of all social media content deployed.
- Work with graphic design team to create social media graphics; give direction, recommendations, and edits.
- Coordinate with internal departments to schedule filming and content schedules.
- Develop and maintain a weekly video segment for Animals, Science, History, Museum Store.
- Develop and maintain a yearly event schedule with marketing deadlines.
- Create a regular publishing schedule.
- Monitor all social media and website to ensure accurate information on all platforms.
- Keep up to date with current museum promotions offered.
- Passion for all things Digital Media and Social Media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Premiere a plus, but not required.
- Thorough knowledge of the top social media platforms.
- Ability to collaborate with other departments and outside vendors.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and department performance standards.
- Strong organizational skills and maintain a fast-paced workflow.
- Excellent customer-service skills
- Ability to influence and effectively communicate through writing and oral communication
- Self-starter with a productive attitude, displaying initiative, motivation, and excitement.
About the IMAG
The IMAG History & Science Center offers fun for all ages to discover the wonders of science and history, providing a large open environment to explore over 60 hands-on exhibits. Feed a stingray, touch animals in the LIVE! Animal Encounter shows, and visit the Living Lab to see turtles, snakes, frogs, a bearded dragon, and much more! Gaze at the Florida native, and exotic fish in the 3,200-gallon aquarium built by Animal Planet’s Tanked and visit the original fort of Fort Myers in a one-of-a-kind 3D Virtual Reality experience. Younger visitors will enjoy the Mini Museum’s early childhood area.
Our mission is to use the lenses of history and science to understand and explore the rich culture and habitat of Southwest Florida.
Event Coordinator Assistant
Event Coordinator Assistant – Work with professional museum staff and assist in all museum areas. Position will be responsible for the setup, cleanup, and facilitation of birthday parties, and special events. Position will assist with clerical duties as needed (faxes, copies, files, etc), and facilitating exhibits. Position will assist with camp sessions, workshops, and other programs as their schedule allows. This position requires weekend availability.
Demonstration Assistant – Work with professional museum educators to perform science and/or animal demonstrations for museum guests! Explore the field of informal education in an exciting atmosphere!
Summer Camp Counselor
Summer Camp Counselor – Work with professional museum educators and certified teachers to teach 2-4 weeks of summer camp. Present activities and demonstrations involving the arts, humanities, and basic scientific principles as they relate to the camp program and assist with demonstrations and workshops. Must be able to work with preschool and elementary age children and Museum staff. Strong communication skills a must. Flexible hours Monday-Friday, 30-40 hours a week for 2-4 weeks (mid-June – August).
Aquarium Assistant – Work with professional museum staff to maintain the museum’s touch tanks and aquariums and care for the critters which inhabit them including Eels, Stingrays, Sharks, Horseshoe Crabs, a variety of Saltwater and Freshwater fish, crabs, and invertebrates!
Animal Care Assistant
Work with professional museum staff to care for the museum’s live animals including Ball Pythons, Green Iguanas, and other reptiles, amphibians, insects, and spiders!
Work with professional museum educators and certified teachers in organized summer camp sessions and facilitate field-trip experiences for visiting groups. Explore the field of informal education in an exciting atmosphere.
Work with museum administrative staff to perform clerical duties, update databases, manage mailings, respond to guest inquiries for museum information, and support visitor service staff.
Work with PR/Marketing Manager to promote the museums by designing advertisements, writing media releases, preparing press packets, arranging interviews and photo shoots.