Do you Love the Lagoon?
Do you Love the Lagoon? Are you a friend of fishes, a confidant of cichlids, an ally of anhingas and other aquatic birds?
Then we’d like to tell you about the project we’re platforming for the rest of 2023 into 2024: the repair & improvement of the visitor-favorite exhibit Fisheye Lagoon at IMAG History & Science Center!
Our goal is to raise $40,000 to match a generous donor’s contribution to restoring the lagoon after Hurricane Ian destroyed it last year—but we’ll only reach that goal through the kindness and generosity of people like you.
We plan to reopen the exhibit in early 2024. By contributing to this project, you’ll help us expand the lagoon and reopen with even more engaging experiences and educational opportunities. We hope to introduce new fish species, new ways to interact with the exhibit, and more.
Here’s what we need:
- Repairs for the boardwalk & pavilion
- Clearing out the lagoon
- Removing the old filtration system
- Installation of a new filtration system
Will you help?
Here’s how you can get involved and show your Love for the Lagoon:
- Donate directly to the IMAG here! Your kindness and generosity will help us reopen and expand Fisheye Lagoon. All donations from now through the end of the year will go directly to the lagoon project. Plus, find out if your employer offers donation matching as part of your benefits!
- Give the gift of time by signing up to volunteer on this page! Many hands makes light work! We’ll reach out to let you know what our dedicated work dates are & schedule your shifts!
- Got a membership for 2024 yet? Know someone who would love it? While you’re doing your holiday shopping, consider the gift of membership. They’re an amazing way to support the IMAG while getting access to exclusive after-hours events and 300+ other science museums at the same time. It’s a steal! Check out the various tiers and purchase here.
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram!
- Spread the word by telling your friends, family, and coworkers why you’re passionate about the IMAG’s mission of inspiration and hands-on STEM learning. Then, invite them to join you in making a difference.
We’re only able to build, maintain, and expand our exhibits with the support of friends like you. Thank you for your support, and we hope we’ll see you at the Fisheye Lagoon in early 2024!