Summer Camp IMAG Scholarship Fund
The Camp IMAG Camp Scholarship Fund aims to maximize educational opportunity for all children. The IMAG History & Science Center is committed to supporting our community, especially in the area of STEM Education. The Camp IMAG Scholarship Fund supports families in need by offering tuition assistance for rising 1st to 8th graders to our STEM and history camps. Applications for the need-based scholarships will be submitted to and reviewed by a third-party organization who will determine the award recipients. Each award recipient will receive one week of paid camp tuition (a $240 value), as well as a free Annual Family Membership (a $115 value) to the IMAG History & Science Center for up to 2 adults and 4 children. We are so proud to offer this program and be a part of expanding STEM and history education in our community.
1) Parent or guardians will need to complete the bottom portion of this application and submit it to the Director of Awesome, Sara Turner, no later than April 24th, 2020.
2) Students will need to submit a one-page essay covering the following questions
- What is it about STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) and/or history that interests you the most?
- Why would you like to attend camp IMAG?
- How would this scholarship benefit you?
- Parents may transcribe the essay for students Grades 1-2 with this portion and these students may submit a drawing.
3) Attach a letter of recommendation from a teacher or mentor that address the following:
- Why is this student deserving of a camp IMAG scholarship?
- What interests does the student show regarding STEM and/or history?
- How would this scholarship benefit this student and their future in STEM and/or history?
4) Parents should provide documentation demonstrating financial need.
5) Submit application form, essay, and recommendation letter to:
Mail to : Sara Turner 2000 Cranford Avenue Fort Myers, Florida 33916
Email : sara@theIMAG.org
Recipients of the scholarships will be notified by May 8th, 2020.